How to Prepare for Your First Dental Checkup
Good for you! You’re scheduled for an appointment to keep your teeth healthy. Now that that’s taken care of, the next thing you might want to know is how to prepare for your first dental checkup. So, let’s talk about that.
Because regular dental checkups are an essential part of total body health, you definitely make the right choice when you schedule one. Whether this is your first checkup this year or first in five years, now’s the time to review what to expect. Keep reading to get started.
How to Prepare for Your First Dental Checkup: 7 Steps
Do these things, especially if this is your first appointment. Here’s how to prepare for your first dental checkup with Premier Dental Group.
1. Schedule the appointment for a time when you won’t feel rushed. This will help you have a calm state of mind when you arrive.
2. Bring a record of your health history. Make sure to include all the medications you take (both prescribed and over-the-counter) and your primary care provider’s contact info.
3. Ask your previous dentist to send all records to Premier Dental Group. You may need to fill out a form and provide Premier’s fax number or email address. If you like, we can help you request your records. Ask our staff for assistance!
4. If you have any medical conditions that may pose challenges, like pregnancy, diabetes, epilepsy, or special needs, tell our staff when you make your appointment. We’ll make sure you’re safe.
5. Along the same lines, tell us if you need special accommodations of any kind. We’re eager to help. For instance, some people experience dental anxiety. If that’s you, you’re not alone in dreading dental appointments! Let us know so our caring team can help give you a more comfortable experience.
6. Keep to your usual dental hygiene practices. Eat whenever you need to, even if shortly before your appointment. We’ll give you a chance to brush when you check in if you need to.
7. Arrive with extra time to spare before your first appointment with us. That will allow you to fill out paperwork and reach a peaceful state of mind.
At Premier Dental Group, our goal is to give you A Lifetime of Smiles. We’re ready to help you maintain good dental health. Not only that, but we want to care for you as a whole person. Now that you know how to prepare for your first dental checkup, schedule your appointment today. And experience the benefits of having a caring dentist in Knoxville.